About The Groomer
Cutting Edge K9 is owned and operated by myself, Kirsten McMillan. Many Saugeen Shores locals will recognize me as I grew up in Southampton. I am excited to be back in Southampton and be a part of the community as a small business owner.
- Nominated for Up and Coming Groomer of the Year for the Canadian Grooming Awards
- Hon. BSc in psychology, focused on animal behaviour from Laurentian University
- Worked in both Southampton and Port Elgin Veterinary clinics throughout high school, completed a co-op at Port Elgin Veterinary Clinic
- Completed dog grooming certification with one month course followed by a two month apprenticeship.
- Certified by the Canadian Professional Pet Stylist Association (completing written and practical tests for):
- Stylist technician
- Canine Stylist specialities in sporting, non-sporting, and terriers
- Certified in hand scissor cuts and skin therapy by Poil Luxe in Quebec
- Member of the Ontario Dog Groomers Association, Canadian Professional Pet Stylists, and Intellectual Groomers Association
- Competitive groomer since Nov 2015, in poodle, mixed breed, sporting, terrier, and all other purebred classes with placements in all classes
- Completed a wide variety of seminars including asian styling, hand scissoring, hand stripping, safe handling, and a wide variety of breed cuts.
Amanda is a very welcone addition to the salon. She is available and taking new clients. With 2 years experience she is wonderful with all kinds of dogs. For your convenience you can request either Amanda or nyself or simply pick an appointment that works with your schedule.